Moved is the key word becouse if they don't there will be a few hoops to jump through before they can play for Kelly
Just heard that another student is transfering to Kelly from Pound! Wonder how many have moved?
Moved is the key word becouse if they don't there will be a few hoops to jump through before they can play for Kelly
I think this kid has family in Wise, moving in with them.
I do not think that will matter unless they also have custody of him (i.e. moving in with an uncle is not the same as a real move)
Yep I am right unless his parents move he is not playing for ANYONE next season
here is the VHSL hanbook link
Handbook Link
Here is the rule
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">28-6-1 TRANSFER RULE-The student shall not have enrolled in one high school and
subsequently transferred to and enrolled in another high school without a corresponding
change in the residence of his/her parents, parent, or guardian. </div></div>
I was gonna say the same thing, my cousin ran into this when he moved here from Texas and couldn't play until setting out one semester which made him miss part of hoops season as well.
Most of them probably live in that grey area outside of town limits where they could attend either school and are gonna try and get around it with that.
[COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]
If the kid lives in that grey area that you refer to where they can attend either school, then there's nothing to "try and get around". Folks may rest assured that neither Charles Collins of B.I. Salyers at JJK, or anyone in the administration are going to let a transfer play at Wise without directly contacting the VHSL, and acquiring the proper documentation to ensure that there is no illegalities,forfeits because of it..etc (ask Strouth's mama. She'd be glad to tell you just how careful not only her and Chris' dad were with this, but the admin at JJK as well). It's just a matter of C.Y.A
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future
Oh I am not saying he will not be playing just that a few hoops will be jumped through (And moveing in with relitives alone will not cut it)
I don't know that there would be nothing to try and get around since they do attend Pound and have registered this as their prefference with the state and it may not matter that they could have attended either but since they went to Pound they would still have to do some hoop jumping.
I don't really care which school they attend myself. If all these transfers are happening that is just another good argument for "CONSOLIDATION", since they are proving that travel isn't a consideration.
[COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]
LOL good point [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
Bookmarks